La la land Los Angeles is famously known for being the city of the stars. It only makes sense that most of American TV shows are being taped here.
Let’s Make a Deal
What to expect before and during the taping:
- Expect for a LONG day at the studio before you actually get in
- Wear a costume, if you don’t have one the studio has some for rent.
- Bring food and or drinks for the long waiting time
- Parking is available but arrive early because you don’t want to be the last one checking in.
- Expect waiting all day because contestants get screened in line and have to audition.
- You have to hold your energy all day long, and by the time you are on TV you get burnt out.
- While you wait they have a photo booth for you take photos.
I wish I had known about all of these tips before I went. We were literally at the studio 8 hours to tape a 1 hour show.
How to get picked:
- Nobody knows they are picked as a contestant until taping starts.
- Maintain high energy throughout the whole waiting process in addition to the audition, interviews and in between commercial breaks.
- Interact with other people in line, smile and dance.
- Producers are ALWAYS watching to pick those who are consistent and that will give a great presence on camera.
- Most importantly, wearing a awesome and unique costume.
Before going to the show I had read some tips on how to get picked. Glad I did because I was one of the lucky ones.
Lets just say drinking 2 RedBulls got me to keep my energy at a level 9 for 8 hours. Smile until your cheeks feel like they will fall off.
Here is the link to see future tapings